What is OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY?
Occupational Therapy (OT) helps people who are experiencing difficulty in day-to-day activities due to injury, illness, or disability. Occupational therapists at Tall Tree follow a patient-centred practice to help you return to everyday activity and roles.
The scope of occupational therapy is wide, and OTs treat the whole person physically, mentally, and emotionally; supporting you in your journey to live life to the fullest. We provide a wide variety of services for any age, see below and contact us to learn more.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
In clinic sessions are typically 60 minutes in length. Other services will vary.
INITIAL VISIT: 60 MIN
SUBSEQUENT VISIT: 60 MIN
Our OT evaluations will explore physical, cognitive, psychological, and/or social factors that contribute to problems in your life. Together, we will develop goals to address your current limitations.
We help you:
- Improve cognitive and perceptual abilities
- Reduce and better manage stress
- Improve sleep and fatigue
- Treat anxiety, PTSD and depression
- Live well with a chronic health condition
- Treat concussion and brain injury
- Improve and better manage chronic pain
- Return to work and school
- Make your home safe and accessible
- Learn more about your health or health condition - for example: injury prevention, ergonomics, body mechanics, work simplification, joint protection, energy conservation, relaxation, and pain management.
Other Occupational therapy services:
- Concussion Program
- Ergonomic and workplace assessment
- Job demands assessments
- Wheelchair assessment and prescription
- Adaptive equipment assessment and prescription
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program
- Return to work services and return to work planning
- Case management
- Health coaching
- Educational workshops (eg. for chronic pain, concussion)