Chiropractor Victoria BC
Chiropractors are extensively educated in the prevention, assessment, diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions and associated neurological system. Chiropractic expertise in the musculoskeletal (MSK) system comes not only from seven years of intensive post-secondary education and practical hours, but also from a growing body of rigourous research. Chiropractic research provides the evidence upon which the chiropractic profession bases best practices and patient-centred treatment – what is known in all health professions as “evidence-based” treatment.
Chiropractors adopt evidence-informed practice principles to guide clinical decision making by integrating their clinical expertise, patient’s preferences and values, and the best available scientific evidence. They will recommend a course of treatment to help relieve pain and improve function without surgery or pharmaceuticals. Treatment includes techniques such as joint manipulation, mobilization, soft tissue therapy, exercise, education, and rehabilitation. Our chiropractor is also trained to provide nutritional counselling, as well as recommend injury prevention strategies.
Specific training in spinal manipulative therapy (SMT) allows chiropractors to provide adjustments using highly-skilled and precise movements to the vertebrae of the spine, correcting joint motion to restore proper movement and improve function.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- Improved mobility in your neck, shoulders, back and torso
- Increased quality of life and wellness.
- Better posture
- Relief from headaches, neck and back pain
- Prevention of work-related muscle and joint injuries
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Improved flexibility
- Relief of pregnancy-related backache
- Correction of gait and foot problems
What to expect during your first appointment:
- A detailed history of your chief complaint and background information to understand who you are, your nutritional habits, expectations, and goals of what you would like to do.
- Focused Physical examination to evaluate your current problem(s).
- A plan of management indicating the duration, types of treatments that will be used, and the risks associated with each modality of treatment.
- An open discussion: ask questions! Voice any concerns, confirm ideas.
What to expect from me as a Clinician
To give you my complete and undivided attention when you are in my care.
To give you an honest opinion on whether I can help you and in what capacity.
To refer you to a health provider who may better suit your needs if the diagnosis is out of my scope of practice.
What I expect from you as a patient:
To be open to my recommendations and understand that my goal of treatment is to improve your current complaint as fast as possible.
To understand that our work together is a partnership to get you better. This means that we will both need to work collaboratively to obtain optimal results.
We offer direct billing for this service.